[Incubator] Meeting Reminder

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Sat Apr 22 05:45:12 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> This is a reminder that we have another Incubation meeting Monday at
> 2:00pm EST.
>
>    http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/IncCom_Meeting5

Oh that is fun, same time as the geotools - I get to multi task.
> Note that EST does not involve daylight savings time!  Feel free to add
> Agenda items.
Changing the Date,
> Also, we will be looking for mentors for OSSIM, GRASS and MapBuilder.
Does the person mentoring have to be a OSGEO Member? I may talk to Richard
who is integrating OSSIM into uDig (and thus already has limited contact
with
the community).
> Towards that end, I have indicated that the committee would work towards
> bringing forward an incubation process plan to the board in the coming
> weeks if practical.
So can we call you on that? Actually have two weeks as the target ...
>  o One or more projects need to push somewhat aggressively towards
> achieving
>    incubation completion.  I don't want to "pass" any projects before
> they
>    meet our criteria but I am eager for get one or more projects into
> shape
>    to complete the process within the next 2-4 weeks if possible.  Are
> there
>    any projects willing to step forward to make the push?  I think it
> wouldn't
>    be a great leap for MapServer but there is definately still some
> work to
>    do.
We are making the push in geotools (removing modules that cannot meet
the IP check etc),
the only thing that would delay us beyond the above time frame is our
"own" desire to
have a consistent sent of documentation.  I will put the time frame as
an agenda item
for the geotools meeting, as we will also have a formal doc proposal to
think on.

Thanks Frank, see you Monday.