OSGeo Membership for Incubating Projects

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 25 20:28:15 EDT 2006

Cameron,

On the Community MapBuilder incubation status page, in response to the
question:

   Have project documents been updated to reflect membership in the
   foundation,   and the relationship of the project to the foundation?

You write:
   Question for OSGeo: What are you looking for here?

My intention with this question was that projects that are member
of OSGeo (or in incubation) should make some effort to explain
the linkage of their project and OSGeo.

For GDAL on my main page I wrote:

   GDAL is a translator library for raster geospatial data formats that
   is released under an X/MIT style Open Source license by the Open
   Source Geospatial Foundation

And on my "governance and community" page I wrote a bit more:

   http://www.gdal.org/governance.html

I don't think there is any specific style required.  Just make it reasonable
clear that your project is affiliated with OSGeo on the pages describing your
project, and provide a link back to OSGeo's main page.