[Incubator] MapGuide incubation status?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Aug 15 09:33:12 EDT 2006

Jo Walsh wrote:
> dear incubators; a question from the peanut gallery,
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/MapGuide_Incubation_Status ?
>
> The scrollback of the last IncCom IRC meeting suggested:
> - MapGuide's been without an incubation mentor since Daniel resigned
>   from CN
> - For a while this looked likely to be Paul Spencer but he has
>   subsequently become a committer on the project and a feature
>   of the mentor role is that they're not psychically vested in the
>   project's codebase
>   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Incubation_Mentor_Guidelines
> - The motion at last meeting was to look for a new mentor - this needs
>   to be a person with experience running a similar status OS project
>
> I wondered what the latest was on this? D'you need to reach out more
> widely for volunteers?

Jo,

We are still looking for a mentor for MapGuide; however, we generally
prefer someone with some previous involvement in the incubation process
if possible as it gives more consistency.  However, if you know someone
who would be suitable and interested, even if they haven't been involved
in the incubator, then please let us know.

Bob, do you have any suggestions for a mentor?