[Incubator] MapGuide incubation status?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Aug 15 09:55:47 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> We are still looking for a mentor for MapGuide; however, we generally
> prefer someone with some previous involvement in the incubation process
> if possible as it gives more consistency.  However, if you know someone
> who would be suitable and interested, even if they haven't been involved
> in the incubator, then please let us know.

I have followed the activities of the incubation committee from a
distance and have been thinking of volounteering as a mentor for
MapGuide since the committee seems to have a hard time filling the spot.
However I am hesitant because I am not sure on the amount of time
involved to do a good job and whether I can find that time. Can any of
the other mentors comment on that?

Also, I am not currently associated in any way with the MapGuide
project, but may start using it for our clients or even extending it
eventually. Would that be a problem if that happened before the end of
the incubation while I am the MapGuide mentor?

OOppps... did I just volounteer?!?

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette