[Incubator] MapGuide incubation status?

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Aug 15 10:56:06 EDT 2006

Daniel,

For MapBender, I spent some time each week (maybe an hour or so)
following the emails on the various mailing lists (the ones in
English anyway ;)) to get a sense of the community.  I spent several
hours reading the MapBender web site and documentation.  I spent
about 1 hour reviewing the code base to ensure that they had done a
reasonable job of the code provenance review.

For GDAL, I'm doing about the same (following the email lists).  I
have not done a check of the code base yet, but I'm deliberately
waiting for Frank to resolve some issues he already identified (20 or
so?).

I think MapGuide would be a bit more effort in the code base review
because it is a lot larger with many external dependencies.  Overall,
though, I doubt it would be more than an hour or so a week.

Cheers

Paul