Business Readiness Rating for OSS

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 00:09:57 EDT 2006

I recently ran across this site:
http://www.openbrr.org/wiki/index.php/Home

"Business Readiness Rating™ (BRR) is being proposed as a new standard
model for rating open source software. It is intended to enable the
entire community (enterprise adopters and developers) to rate software
in an open and standardized way. BRR is a community initiative that is
being sponsored by Carnegie Mellon West Center for Open Source
Investigation, O'Reilly CodeZoo, SpikeSource and Intel. Phase one is a
public comment period. We are asking the community to provide feedback
and help shape this standard to make it useful to both enterprise
adopters and open source developers."

It might be useful to align our standards for incubation with the BRR
measures.

--
Cameron Shorter
http://cameron.shorter.net