[OSGeo-Board] Mapbender Incubation and

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Mon Feb 27 17:47:45 EST 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Arnulf Christl (CCGIS) wrote:
>
>> Incubation Project: Which incubation mailing list should the PSC join for
>> the process? Currently I see:
>> commits at incubator.osgeo.org
>> issues at incubator.osgeo.org
>> incubator at incubator.osgeo.org
>

> Arnulf,

> mailing list.  The commits mailing list just report updates to the
> incubator.osgeo.org web site or other files under source control for
> this project and is likely not of much interest.  I believe the issues
> email list reports changes to the issues tracker (bug system) which we
> may not have any need for.
I could actually see us making good use of this.  I like issue tracker's
if they're good.  I suppose a wiki with history could do the same thing.
  But apache has a 'minimum requirement' checklist:
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Exiting+the+Incubator
Something like that could be useful to just throw into the tracker for
each project.  Though perhaps each should put it in to their own tracker...

--
Chris Holmes
The Open Planning Project