[Incubator] seang on "How Rigorous is OSGeo Software Incubation?"

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Thu Jul 20 17:21:49 EDT 2006

I was under the impression that mapbender has quite a few outside
contributors?  Is that wrong?  Looking here:
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Mapbender_PSC I see developers from
terrestris, kartago, and at least one or two freelancers.

As for Bug Tracking, I was -1 on graduating mb because of that, but was
assured that it was in the works.  And indeed went to -0 or maybe +0
only because I didn't have the time to set up a nice JIRA install for
them to start pounding on, as I only like to vote -1 when I can help out
with the solution.  But I suppose incubation may be a bit different,
that we should feel a bit more comfortable putting the onus on the
projects wanting to graduate.

I actually think GeoTools is probably going to stay in incubation for
awhile, since we want to feel a concrete improvement, mostly with regard
to docs and new users, before we get more people looking at it.

Chris