[Fwd: [Incubator] Mapbender Status?]

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Sun Jun 25 10:06:21 EDT 2006

On Sun, June 25, 2006 14:32, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Arnulf Christl wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  > codewise everything is ready for graduation, but going through the
> OSGeo
>  > Wiki:
>  > http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Mapbender_Provenance_Review
>  > I still found  25 modules tagged with "license missing". The code
> should
>  > be fine and clean but the documentation has not been updated. I can't
>  > blame people as we are in the middle of releasing version 2.4.
>  >
>  > We can resolve these issues (polish & add some chrome) during the next
>  > days, so postponing for me is fine.
>  >
>  > By next week version 2.4 will also be ready to ship. This is a nice
>  > coincidence and we can tag version 2.4 as the first OSGeo graduate
> version
>  > which is transparent and can be communicated easily.
>  >
>  > Are people fine proceeding like this?
> Arnulf,
> Sounds good to me, though we may have problems scheduling a meeting for
> July 3rd as it is likely few people in the USA or Canada will be around
> due to holidays around that weekend.
> Best regards,

Hrmpf! You are right. So what to do? Wait another week? We really could
move ahead, everything is done, people had a good chance to look into
everything, we are basically postponing a formality. But we are not in a
hurry, if it takes another few weeks, so what. Luckily code doesn't rot,
rust or decay - that only happens to people.



More information about the Incubator mailing list