[Incubator] Committee Launch and Initial Meeting

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 04:38:59 EST 2006

Yes, I have to confess the my enthusiasm for Open Source is reduced at
04:00.
I suggest to stick with the current timeslot, but in the IRC poll people
for availability for future meetings.

The one timeslot that seems to work for most countries is 1.5 to 2 hours
later.  (I sometimes wake up for a 05:30 meeting).
http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2006&month=3&day=7&hour=19&min=0&sec=0

Another timeslot opens up after daylight saving finishes is at the other
end of the day.

If I were to be coming to the meeting, I'd be asking:
Can we please have an audit checklist for our code.
What do we need to check?
What evidence to we need to provide that we did our checks?
What ongoing checks do we need to do as PSC members?  (Again a checklist
would probably help).
What criteria and evidence to we need to provide in incorporating libraries?
Can we distribute libraries as part of our distribution?

Jody Garnett wrote:
> Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>
>> I've watched about 45 emails go back and forth on the WebCom mailing list
>> about when to hold their first meeting, so to cut to the chase I would
>> like to declare the meeting will be Monday March 13th at 12:00noon EST.
>> This should roughly be in the regular business day for western europe to
>> the west coast.  I'm not quite sure how many hours Jody is out, but I
>> imagine it sucks for him a bit.  I think it likely sucks badly for
>> Cameron.
>
> Here is what that time looks like around the world:
> -
> http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2006&month=3&day=13&hour=17&min=0&sec=0
>
> Monday, March 13, 2006 at 17:00:00
> Washington (EST) Mon Noon
> Vancouver  (PST) Mon 9:00 AM
> Johannesburg     Mon 7:00 PM
> Sydney           Tue 4:00 AM *
>
> * sorry Cameron
>
> Aside the web community decided on Tueday meetings at this timeslot:
> http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2006&month=3&day=7&hour=19&min=0&sec=0
>

> Apparently that timeslot is gold and represents a time where most people
> can meet.
>
>> conference calls haven't been to thrilling.  And besides that gives fast
>> but sloppy typers like me an advantage (just kidding!).
>
> lol - so it is like that is it...
>
>> I think we face a lot of work and excitement as we try to process our
>> eight projects through incubation at the same time as we try to figure
>> out
>> what that means.
>
> Fun stuff, I got to move something but I will make that meeting,
> Jody

Cameron Shorter
http://cameron.shorter.net