GeoTools Incubation Progress Page

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Sun Mar 12 12:47:08 EST 2006

Hi Team,

So we are one of the first projects to try the incubation ride, and I am
taking notes here:
- http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/GeoTools_Incubation_Progress

We have not gotten a great deal of direction yet, and the hope is by
record the process we followed later projects
can have a helping hand.

On the above page you will see the beginnings of a plan for an IP check.
The first step is to arrive at a list of
names. This will be handled module by module and will be the
responsibility of the current module maintainer.

We have a couple of train wrecks (like module/main) where responsibility
will be handled by package according
to who is babysitting the bugs currently.

We can talk about this on Monday's meeting.

I am going to single out a couple people who have not been at a meeting
for a while, and who we will need help from
to get through this.
- James can you review the page, we need some tales from the early days
- Ruben we needs some checks on the user documentation

I have not yet marked down who does each and every module, so please
feel free to help out and edit that page. If this is a trouble
we can set aside a page on confluence.

I don't believe the thing they need us to sign is sorted quite yet,
getting a list together will take some time and I would rather start in
on this early.