[Incubator] GeoTools Incubation Progress Page

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Mon Mar 13 02:05:06 EST 2006

Daniel Brookshier wrote:
> Hi Jody,
>
> Looking at your page, one thing you need to do since you are still
> working with geotools is go ahead and request a project by that name.
> That goes for all projects about to enter incubation.
Thanks, do I do that here with an email? During tonights meeting?
> When a project is fist created, it is private. Only the domain admin
> can see them. The domain admin approves this first stage. At this time
> I will mark the project as being in incubation.
So it is already done then? What should I write down for the process.
> At any point, the requester can edit the project. Before approval, no
> one can be added to the project. After it is approved, the project is
> available for joining.
Approval, is done by whom? The incubator committee? Or are you talking
approval after something has been through incubation? (which would be
sad as Intend to have the geotools PMC do the work for the incubation
process)
> Right now, the only projects we have open are mapguide and mapbender.
Thanks Daniel, I am going to keep asking the obvious questions.
The answer may be to point me to a FAQ, or instructions.
Jody