[Incubator] Incubation Progress Page

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Tue Mar 14 16:14:47 EST 2006

I checklist, something to add to my page...
> Issue Tracker:
> I wish someone would come up with a standard interface for bug trackers.
> I assume that the Collabnet tracker can be tailored so that we can
> remove some of the fields (and make it easier for users)?
> We would want to be able to export from JIRA to Collabnet.  JIRA is
> pretty good at exporting, it exports to XML and CSV.  How good is
> Collabnet at importing?
> I'm interested to hear what Geotools are doing because they will have
> the same problems.
Nothing, Jira and beingable to share bugs between projects is big part
of keeping the java community together. Confluence intergration with
jira is great. And so far is doing much better then collab net at
everything except internationalization.

I had planned to copy the look of the website, but I had thought that
the website was going to be targeted at users (and marketing and so
on).  I understand putting together a common framework for websites, but
if we were just focused on the developers I would be championing maven
produced websites like apache.

So far I am waiting for focus on what the community intends its website
to be, I am not interested in a new set of tools with less functionality.
> Wiki:
> Again, why isn't there a wiki standard?
> I see this as the biggest cost of a migration.  Documentation is large
> and might need to be done by hand.  Does anyone know if there is a
> tool to convert from JIRA wiki format to Collabnet format?
We spent two man months trying to convert Confluence to Drupal (before
backing out), it is straight forward to punt from one wiki format to
another (just is not any fun).  Drupal failed usability as a wiki, not
for lack of being able to convert. The XML output of confluence is nice
and hackable.

I will try and set up a more complete table on the web page, and I can
take anthing to the community you guys feel is important.