Project Submission Form

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 27 13:20:01 EST 2006

Folks,

One of our agenda items today in the Incubator meeting (in 45 minutes!)
is to review the project application form at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Incubator_Application_Form

I think it is helpful for us to consider what it is that we want from
projects that would join the foundation.   There are some thoughts in
the middle section of this page (Project Evaluation Criteria):

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Proposed_Project_Submission_Process

Perhaps we can discuss the evaluation criteria along with the submission
form.

To be honest, I am somewhat ambivalent about the submission form.  It
seems to mostly answer questions we are likely be able to answer quite
easily from the project web page, and our existing knowledge of the project.
Well, I guess there are a few questions that wouldn't be otherwise easily
known.  But my point is I am not expecting the foundation is going to be
accepting many projects that aren't already somewhat "known" to us.