[Incubator] Project Submission Form

Daniel Brookshier dbrookshier at collab.net
Mon Mar 27 17:13:25 EST 2006

On Mar 27, 2006, at 3:15 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:

> I always am in hope of meeting new and interesting projects.

Indeed! The problem that usually occurs is that interesting projects
are lost because they don't figure out the process. Ultimately the
goal would be to use these forms to drive the submitter to convey
enough information that a proposal to the community rallies
contributors. Otherwise you get the SourceForge problem where the bar
is set so low that a 10 year old has the skills to request a project.

By forcing a requester into thinking through several of these points
we cause them to consider what they are proposing and its
implications. If someone can't do this, very often they are likely
not serious about the proposal. This type of form constitutes a bit
of sweat to prove you are at least willing to read the instructions.

I have seen many projects go from a proposal to a thriving project.
Not all open source has been written :o)