Migration Issues

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 29 01:57:00 EST 2006

Folks,

As per our discussion in the incubator meeting, I have prepared a
wiki page that address migration issues.  It attempts to talk to the
difficulty of migrating into CN as well as out (if that should be necessary).
Please add thoughts, correct mistakes, etc.

The message I took away from this effort was that some things would be pretty
easy to move in (source control), and move back out while others (bug
database) would likely be hard.   I think we need to evaluate the benefits
of each from a common branding and user experience point of view.  I haven't
done that well.

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Project_Infrastructure_Migration