[Incubator] Motion: MapBuilder To Graduate Incubation

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Oct 16 13:28:17 EDT 2006

Obviously a +1 from me...

Steve

>>> Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> 10/14/2006 12:44:25 PM >>>
Folks,

Ok, pursuant to Steve's recommendation to graduate MapBuilder, I'd
like
to turn this into a formal motion for voting on the mailing list.  I
prefer
this to handling it an IRC meeting so that everyone can participate.
I'll
leave the vote open till Wednesday evening (the 18th).  If there is
some
controversy, I'll consider deferring the vote to an IRC meeting the
following
week.

Motion:

   I move that the Incubation Committee recommend MapBuilder to the
   OSGeo board for graduation from incubation.

Please feel free to comment by email on it's readiness and when you
are
comfortable with a "position" voting -1, -0, 0, +0, or +1.  Do some
research!

PS. Before this goes to the board, we an individual who will be
considered
the VP MapBuilder.  Someone who will be responsible as liason between
the
MapBuilder PSC and the board of directors, an officer of the
foundation, etc.
Will this be Cameron?  This should be recommended by the MapBuilder
PSC.

warmerdam at pobox.com
and watch the world go round - Rush    | President OSGeo,
http://osgeo.org