[Incubator] Transfering Code Copyright - restart

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Thu Sep 7 02:52:18 EDT 2006

Jennifer Daehler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hopefully this input will be helpful.
>
> 2.  Documentation license.
>
> I'm not sure that I understand the nature of the documentation and so
> I'm not sure I understand the issue.  Can you elaborate?

Here is the relevant section of our developers guide:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOT/1.4+Source+License
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOT/1.3+Documentation+License
> Copyright (c) 2004 Geotools Project Management Committee (PMC).
> Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
> under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License^
> <http://www.fsf.org/copyleft/fdl.html>, Version 1.1 or any later
> version published by the Free Software Foundation; with the Invariant
> Sections being with no Invariant Sections, with the Front-Cover Texts
> being no Front-Cover Texts, and with the Back-Cover Texts being no
> Back-Cover Texts.
The LGPL is understood, ACuster has some concerns about the GNU Free
Documentation License, and past some questions onto Mr. Steel.
This is the best link I could find describing his concerns,
-  http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTDOC/Home

As a workaround we are going to ask ACuster to hold onto his
documentation for us, while the GeoTools PSC (with help from you)
figures out a plan.