[Incubator] Transfering Code Copyright - restart

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 06:29:47 EDT 2006

On 9/8/06, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> What about files with no license text in them yet.  For instance the
> file raster/r.in.coin/main.c has no author, license or other header
> information in it.  A review of CVS shows two lines have been added to
> the file since it was first brought into CVS in Dec 1999 (presumably
> derived from the public domain Cerl version).

Besides all the 3rd party cleanup for the GPL in 1999 (see mailing
list archives), Radim Blazek made a very detailed history analysis
of GRASS to identify CERL and non-CERL code:

http://mpa.itc.it/radim/g50history/

I am not really nervous about copyright infringements in GRASS 5/6
as we spent many days to remove GPL incompatible code.

Markus