[Incubator] Infrastructure Migration

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Sep 24 00:28:10 EDT 2006

Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> Please provide comments within the next 4 days if possible (i.e. by Wed,
> Sept. 27th), so they can be incorporated for the board to review later
> in the week.

Tyler,

A few comments:

1) The tables don't address how we will manage DNS.  Will we aim to
    preserve the large set of subdomains we have now?  Will we use some
    sort of DNS front end?  Any idea if there are issues on DNS management
    while we are transitioning?

2) You show handling LDAP and DNS near the end of the transition
    strategy.  It seems to me we will need some sort of DNS handling
    mechanism pretty soon (perhaps just depend on CollabNet till later?)
    Further, if we are serious about "single signon" it seems like we
    should be handling LDAP before the services that depend on it (CMS,
    bug tracker, svn).  Perhaps your LDAP item is when we migrate it to
    OSL?

3) Is the design/interaction development someone to work on Drupal addons
    and so forth? Is the system administrator doing essentially everything
    else?

The plan looks promising, and I hope we can get it launched soon.