[Incubator] OSGeo Provided Services - SVN, Trac, Buildbot, Download

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 1 10:37:35 EST 2007

Folks,

SAC - the OSGeo System Administration Committee - is getting to the point
where we can provision projects with SVN, Trac, Buildbot and Download
services fairly efficiently and effectively if desired.

SVN and Trac are utilizing our central OSGeo LDAP server for authentication
- a start towards the dream of one OSGeo userid/password for a variety of
services and projects.  We also have the capacity to capture project history
in a migration to SVN for folks using CVS now.

Buildbot, for those not familiar with it, is used to do automated builds of
software packages from svn, run tests suites, and provide a status web page
indicating how it is working.  An example is at:

   http://buildbot.osgeo.org:8500/

The download server is just a server providing http download from a directory
tree, but it is on a high speed network (telascience) with lots of bandwidth.
We can supply a project representative with an account so they can scp/sftp
files to the server in a particular directory.

Currently MapGuide, Mapbender, FDO, and GDAL are using the SVN and Trac
services.  I believe OSSIM is planning to migrate as soon as is convenient.

If any projects are interested in taking advantage of these services
please contact Howard or I, or submit a service request in the OSGeo Trac
assigned to SAC.

   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/