[Incubator] Updates about your project

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 1 12:24:09 EST 2007

Hi all,
I would like to see if we could get a brief (couple paragraph or half
page of bullets) summary of recent major changes, improvements or
future plans for each or your projects and publish it in the upcoming
OSGeo Newsletter.

It would be of great interest to the OSGeo community and your project
communities as well.  Anyone who wants to see what projects are
working on would find it useful.  I would put it in the section for
developer announcements, similar to what GRASS has done before, but a
bit shorter.

See http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Newsletter_Volume_1#Contributors_.
2F_Topics

The Newsletter won't happen more than a few times per year, but I
suggest this would be a good time to buckle down and write up
something brief.   This could meet the official requirement for PSC's
to submit updates to the board as well ;)

What do you think?  Let me know or add yourself to that wiki page.

Tyler

p.s. We are also looking for editors for sections of the newsletter,
including this developer announcement section and are looking for
more articles to go into the other categories as well.