[Incubator] Wake up call

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Wed May 9 18:04:13 EDT 2007

Hey,
whats up? Incubation is stalled on several projects, mentors are fast
asleep. This will not do. Winter is over, wake up.

What is the sanction for not getting things done?

I will have to bring this up at the next board meeting, my proposal is to
turn off SVN and mailing lists of the respective projects. Be prepared to
get kicked out.

Rest Beggars,
Grrrnulf.

PS:
It would be nice to get something out of being a graduated project.
Currently it does not really pay off to go through all the trouble, so if
anybody has a good reason for why I am doing this please be so kind to
tell me.

PPS:
It paid off for the Mapbender project, we have professionalized
development. As a result (well, at least I can pretend that this is the
reason) we have doubled the number of involved developers in the past half
year.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Mapbender_Development_Sprint_Spring_07

But for mature projects this is probably not a good reason.