[Incubator] Motion: Decline Incubation for GeoFunctions

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 5 10:30:16 EDT 2007

Motion: The OSGeo Incubation Committee chooses not to recommend GeoFunctions
for incubation at this time.

----

Folks,

I *think* we reached a degree of consensus that GeoFunctions is not well
enough established, and does not have a large enough existing community to
be appropriate for OSGeo incubation at this time.  This motion is an
attempt to formalize a decision.

   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/146

My intent is to leave this motion open for discussion and voting for two
days.  If anyone feels we need further consideration, just vote -1 on the
motion with some explanation of what issues need to be further discussed.

I do think that GeoFunctions is interesting and useful technology.  I would
like to encourage Peter to setup a sourceforge or similar project for it, and
list it on the nacent OSGeo Labs page:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OSGeo_Labs