[Incubator] GeoMoose

Blammo bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Fri Oct 5 12:40:16 EDT 2007

All,

Hello,  I made it onto the list finally, using my own Email instead of
the Cities, must be caught somewhere in the Email quarantine somewhere.

First off, thanks for looking at GeoMoose.

We (The GeoMoose Team) feel that there is an audience out there for our
package and that OSGEO is a good fit for promoting and integrating it
into a larger GIS code stack and user base.

I think that GeoMoose will come up short on a couple of the points in
the application questionnaire, but I also believe it will come up to
acceptable levels very quickly.  One big reason for going the Incubation
route, was that it was the only method of getting official OSGEO
sanctioning.   I agree with the statements on the osgeo-discuss list
about trying to set up another lower level of participation than
"Incubation", as a possible prerequisite to Incubation.  I would rather
see the ideas list for new project than dismiss them all altogether
because they come up short for one reason or another.  This way all
application can be listed "officially", while not being necessarily,
"officially" sanctioned.

Even in those instances where a application was denied, I would still
leave the listing out there some place, if for no other reason than to
see the history.

Anyway, ready to answer questions about GeoMoose.  I got to rambling
there a bit . . . Sorry.

bobb