[Incubator] Motion for MapServer to graduate incubation

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Dec 4 09:54:08 EST 2008

Thanks Jody: I'll update the spreadsheet on dxfcolor.h. That's scheduled for removal
in 5.4. Not because there are problems, it's just that is not used at all.

As for speed? The problem wasn't the incubation process, it was myself. Incubation
work was very sporadic with development work taking priority. Now, if priorities could
have been flipped, perhaps with a carrot at the end of incubation, then things may well
have  progressed much faster. By carrots I'm thinking of things like enhanced prominence
on the OSGeo website, access to OSGeo infrastructure and marketing. Projects in
incubation enjoy basically the same benefits, save the * on homepage, as those that
made it through. Perhaps that was inevitable with the initial batch.

Steve

>>> Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> 12/03/08 7:00 PM >>>
Looks good :-)

+1

I noted that dxfcolor.h is still waiting for feedback - probably not
important.
Do you have and feedback on the incubation process - is there any way we
could of made this faster for the MapServer community?

Nice work - congratulations.
Jody