[Incubator] Meeting Monday

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Sep 5 11:33:53 EDT 2008

Folks,

There will be a board meeting one week from today, which has prodded me
into belated action to hold an incubation meeting with the hope of
having some incubation related recommendations to forward to the board.

I'm proposing 4:30EST (20:30UTC) at Cameron's suggestion. I think he
mentioned this as a practical time for him to attend (correct me if I'm
wrong Cameron).  I realize this is fairly late for Europeans - lets treat
this timeslot as an experiment.

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/IncCom_Meeting12

I'm particular keen for this meeting to come to rough consensus on
incubation application that we would like to followup  with a formal
motion to the committee.  To do that though, we will also need mentor
volunteers.  Assuming we do post a motion for incubation, I'll likely
have a shorter than usual timeline (with the motion closing Friday
morning) so we can pass on the recommendation to the board.

I'm also wondering if there are any projects ready to graduate?  I
know that MapServer is close.  If it is ready, I'd encourage the mentor
to make a motion to that effect to this list (as soon as today!) and we
can discuss that in the meeting as well.

I will be prepared to speak on behalf of the MetaCRS incubation application.
I would appreciate it someone, presumably Jonathan Greenberg, could be
there to speak on behalf of STARSpan.  If representatives of GeoMOOSE,
JVNMobileGIS or ORCHESTRA would like to promote those incubation applications
they should also be present.  I would say that those three applications are
somewhat moribund currently.