[Incubator] PAL (label placement library) -> mailing-lists

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Aug 19 23:50:22 EDT 2009

Olivier ERTZ wrote:
> Dear list,
> I first started to get some informations from Tyler and it helped,
> thanks to him (see forwarded discussion) ... but I think I should not
> continue to annoy him, so, as he intelligently suggested, I ask my
> question right to the incubator list.
>
> It's about PAL labeling library (http://geosysin.iict.ch/PAL), there is
> a little community that is growing and we would like to give a start to
> a communty platform to favor collaborations. Concerning infrastructure,
> I think we will manage a new home, trac and svn at our side, but it
> would help if OSGeo can provide us the both user and developer
> mailing-lists (pal-user and pal-developer). The basic idea is to gain
> still some maturity in the project before going for incubation.

Olivier,

I have created both lists and given them default configurations, but you
listed as admin.  I'll email the admin password separately.  Our threshold
for approving new mailing lists is fairly low - any SAC admin can create it
if the list fits some loose criteria described at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Mailing_Lists