[Incubator] OSSIM Incubation Status

Mark Lucas mlucas17 at mac.com
Thu Feb 26 15:38:53 EST 2009

Cameron,

Thanks for taking the time to review and providing the specific
comments.  I've made a pass to incorporate the changes that you have
suggested.  I'll spend some more time cross linking and making
additions along these lines throughout the rest of the day.

Mark

On Feb 26, 2009, at 2:52 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:

> Mark,
> OSSIM seems to be getting close.
>
> Looking over: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSSIM_incubation_status
>
> I have the following comments:
>
> ---
> I'm looking for more evidence of "Community Functioning"
>
> Eg:
>
> "Is there a functioning user support mechanisms (ie. mailing list)?

Provided the link to the archives and usage status of the mailing
list, summarized in the incubation paragraph.

>   existing and functioning well. mailing list and irc #ossimPlanet
>   chat room"

Described in more detail we average 10-15 people in the chat room.

> I can't tell from this statement whether the community is
> communicating well. I'm looking for something more like:
> receives ~ XX emails a week, with ~  XX core contributors. We have
> XX scheduled meetings per week/month, and generally have XX
> unscheduled conversions on IRC per day/week.
> Mention about in person meetings should be included here. (done)

Status show several posts a day over the last five years.

> ---
>
> Please link to your Code Provenance Review from this wiki.

done.

> ---
>
> There are a number of other places where you should link to evidence
> from this page, so that others can verify your claims.

Will begin making another pass through it seeing where I can improve
things.  Please point me to any specific areas that you would like to
see addressed.