[Incubator] Maintenance of Graduated projects

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 17:51:41 EDT 2009

>> he incubation committee will in future have to address maintenance of
> graduated projects. (I bring this topic up every few months. One day
> someone will hopefully pick it up and discuss these ideas here).

Hi Arnulf:

Sounds like we have a similar idea of what needs to be done over the
next little while. If the incubation committee is going to play a role
for graduated projects perhaps it should be called the "project"
committee. Do you know if it is within our mandate to do this?

If so we could ask that MapBuilder be removed from the website; it is
marked as retired in its website (and mapbuilder.net has taken over
google rankings)  but there is no indication on the website what is
going on.

In our wiki the previous incubation documents are marked as "for
historical purposes, and are no longer actively maintained". This
would actually be a point in favour of projects doing the work on
their wiki or source code tree. For GeoTools we moved the review into
our source code tree so it can be actively maintained.