[Incubator] cleaning house

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 29 10:57:54 EDT 2009

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) wrote:
> For other things like documentation of governance structures etc. I do
> think that we should have an OSGeo controlled server for a set of core
> documents like we have in paper form for code assignment. This could go
> into the Incubator requirements. ...I can can already hear complaints to
> not bother developers with unimportant bureaucracy. But eventually we will
> have to do it anyway. The sooner we start with it the less pain it will
> cause.

Arnulf,

We do offer to store code assignment and code contribution documents in
the OSGeo SVN; however, many projects do not require such documents and making
this into a requirement would be a big change.

We can contemplate requirement contribution agreements for all projects,
but we have been over this ground in great detail before and I would want
quite a compelling reason to revisit it.