[Incubator] PyWPS

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Mar 13 11:28:58 EST 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:57 PM, Arnulf Christl (aka Seven)
<seven at arnulf.us> wrote:
> My personal opinion is that the copyright of all OSGeo software should
> naturally lie with OSGeo. As simple as that. I cannot see any advantage
> of having the copyright elsewhere and so far nobody came up with any
> good reason.

There may be practical reasons: in long-term projects like GRASS GIS,
many former contributors are no longer reachable... We tried to relicense
a part of GRASS under LGPL some years ago but failed to contact all
relevant contributors.

Markus