[Incubator] MapFish Incubation

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jul 28 08:36:34 EDT 2011

Gary,

I looked over the materials, and I'm fairly satisfied.  Like Daniel, I'm
concerned that mapfish.org does not have any links to Trac which
appears to be where all the community / governance / etc material lives.

I notice there was no activity on dev at mapfish.org in July though there
was some activity on the users list.  This suggests are modest project
activity level which is ok.  But in light of that I am mildly concerned about
the self-hosting of many services.  The stuff moving to github should be
no problem, but also mailing lists, etc are self hosted.

With projects that are relatively quiet it can be helpful to reduce the
amount of systems support required to keep things alive.  One way of
mitigating this is to move to OSGeo systems.  I presume all the systems
stuff is currently managed by camptocamp?

After questions have been asked and answered I look forward to
a motion for graduation.

Best regards,