[Incubator] Re: idea: petition board for a change of scope

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jun 15 10:47:49 EDT 2011

On 11-06-12 07:17 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:
>> Here is the idea:
>>
>> We petition the board for a change of scope.
>>
>> Name:
>> Project Committee
>>
>> Scope:
>> Committee for current and future projects
>>
>> Process and Procedures:
>> - incubation process
>> - TBD ...

Jody,

My opinion is that we are already having a hard time addressing
the incubation task and that it might not be good to broaden our
scope substantially.

That said, I'm not strongly against the idea, especially if we had
chair that wanted to take this on.

>> For this to work we would need to ask the various project officers (for
>> graduated projects) to stay on as members of this committee; even after their
>> project has "graduated".

I believe that project incubation liasons are supposed to be added
to the committee and that unless they explicitly leave the committee
they would remain members after completing incubation.