[Incubator] Project Graduation Checklist

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Nov 30 14:50:03 EST 2011

> I'm open to being convinced that MS4W should be included alongside the other
> package distribution systems I've listed: osgeolive, osgeo4w, debiangis,
> ubuntugis. However, as I see it, MS4W is primarily a single application
> installer - Ie, it installs MapServer and all of MapServer's dependencies,

It also intalls many generally useful OSGeo utilities:

GDAL/OGR 1.8.1 and Utilities
PROJ Utilities
Shapelib Utilities
Shp2tile Utility
Shpdiff Utility
AVCE00 Utilities

There are also then additional packages that other projects can include:
maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=downloads.html

True they are usually built on top of MapServer but separate still
(i.e. TileCache, GeoMoose, TinyOWS, etc)

Bests, Eli