[Incubator] [OSGeo-Discuss] Is Your Project In OSGeo Labs?

Landon Blake sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 14:44:43 PST 2012

Guys:

I've done some tweaking of the OSGeo Labs wiki, and there is now a
Labs wiki page for each of your projects. See the links on the labs
home page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Labs

I set up a basic page template for each Labs project page. In the next
few days, can you take a stab at filling out the template? It asks for
some basic information, like the license of your code, the project web
page, the mailing list URL, and other stuff like that. If you haven't
implemented some of the items for your project yet, just leave them
blank.

The information on these Labs project pages will serve two purposes.
It will help wiki readers determine what projects are in labs and
where they can learn more about them.

It will also help me with my next step as coordinator of Labs, which
will be the creation of an action plan or road map to strengthen the
communites and infrastructure of each project in Labs. I'll hopefully
be contacting you guys about those plans in the next few weeks.

I'd like to showcase of the Labs projects next spring as an online
event, so maybe you can chew on that and come up with ideas. I think
this will be a good step at project marketing.

Thanks for all of your support and paitence help. Hopefully our
efforts will make labs productive and something more than just a
simple wiki page.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Landon