[Incubator] Work on OSGeo Labs Wiki

Landon Blake sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 17:24:17 PST 2012

I've done some more work on the OSGeo Labs wiki page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Labs

I created a simple system to indicate the "status" of a labs project
(how usable is it, and how close is it to being ready for formal
incubation). I also reviewed the responses to my post on the
Discussion mailing list and created a list of projects that consider
themselves under the labs umbrella. (Two of these projects are mine,
and are related to work I'm doing on aritcle series for the Journal.)

Before I ask the project teams to fill out the page templates I
created for their projects I wanted to give the incubation team time
to reivew. Let me know if you have any comments or objections.

My next steps will be:
1) Add information to the wiki to invite/encourage Labs submittals
from the academic institutions involved with OSGeo.

2) Add information to the wiki to invite/encourage existing OSGeo
projects to host "experimental" code in Labs.

3) Work with the each of the existing Labs projects to move them
towards incubation. This initial effort will focus on setting up
project infrastructure and providing community support.

Landon