[Incubator] IP Issues [was Incubation Committee meeting Monday 17th]

Bruce Bannerman bruce.bannerman.osgeo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 17:54:31 EST 2012

Arnulf,

There is nothing wrong with Intellectual Property*. OSGeo and other Open
Source Projects have considerable IP invested in them.

There may come a time when OSGeo needs to defend 'its' IP.

As to potentially engaging lawyers, there is always FSF, perhaps.

See [1] for an example of where the Debian Community engaged FSF to look at
software patents.

Bruce

[1] http://www.debian.org/reports/patent-faq

* I do not refer to software patents in this statement.