[Incubator] Geoserver Project Status Document

Landon Blake sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 07:16:45 PST 2012

Incubation Committee:

I'm struggling a bit to guide GeoServer through the incubation
process. My struggle relates to (1) determining the series of steps
that need to be completed as part of the incubation process and (2)
figuring out which steps GeoServer has completed.

I'm starting to pin down (1) after reading through some of the OSGeo
incubation documentation. Had someone created a project status
document for GeoServer's incubation process before I got involved? Is
so, where might I find it?

If it has been created, I need to review it so I can figure out what
items still need to be completed. I'll then provide this information
to the GeoServer Team. If the document doesn't exist, I need to create
it, after I try to figure out what has been done already.

Where is the best place for the project status and provenance review
documents? Can these be put on the OSGeo wiki, or is the project team
expected to host them?

Thanks for your patience and your help.

Landon