[Incubator] Rasdaman Incubation Status [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Seven seven at arnulf.us
Thu Nov 29 03:06:13 PST 2012

Am 2012-11-28 23:48, schrieb Jody Garnett:
> Sounds like a busy project with little time for out reach, we do
> however have a minimum "bar" for projects before we can actively
> help them as a foundation (and incubation is it). If they really
> have no time, their application can be withdrawn (they are welcome
> to reapply when ready).
>
> Setting up a checklist on their wiki is a good idea, it is easier
> to update a document that is closer to the project.

Maybe just my personal whim but I suggest to maintain Incubation
Progress pages in the OSGeo Wiki. It requires minimal effort and it
can be expected from any project wanting to go through incubation that
they maintain their own space in the OSGeo Wiki. It is kind of an
indicator whether there is really interest in making use of the OSGeo
"community infrastructure" or whatever we call us. Additionally it is
also a first indicator whether they will be able to maintain an OSGeo
"info sheet" on the OSGeo website and bring some effort to join
live.osgeo.org.

And last but not least is makes the job for the Incubation committee
(and chair) easier to just have to check this page:

Cheers,
Arnulf