[Incubator] Incubation Phases

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Sep 24 07:25:51 PDT 2012

Jody,

That’s cool. I’ve been following your Emails over the weekend.  Go boy go!!

I wonder, what do you think the reception might be from other committees with regard to chopping up the incubation checklist into relevant items (related to each committee).  This spreads the load, as well as introducing an expectancy to having the items checked off in the list.  These committee checkoffs could be added as additional grouped items.  They could be worked potentially in parallel to each other, but I think working them in some sort of sequence might be better overall since it will tend to add a level of urgency to see a project through a particular step of the checklist items.  As a few projects progress through incubation, any bottlenecks can be addressed as needed related to overburdening any one committee.  Are there enough questions for each committee to feel like they are managing something meaningful?

This bring to mind another thought related to the existing incubation process, trying to figure out what things have been checked off etc, for each step.  There are too many undocumented locations for the checked off items to chased down currently.  Seems like I needed to start over (almost) each time I tried to figure out what was done and what wasn’t..

Bobb