[Incubator] Rasdaman as a 'Benevolent dictatorship' Project: was [rasdaman-dev] patch quality

Peter Baumann p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Thu Aug 1 06:51:51 PDT 2013

Hi Bruce,

On 08/01/2013 04:18 AM, Bruce Bannerman wrote:
> Peter,
>
> This is the first that I've seen Rasdaman declared as operating under a
> 'Benevolent Dictatorship' model. I'm not sure what discussion has gone into
> this declaration. I have certainly not seen any discussion on the public
> Rasdaman lists.
>
> This declaration has implications for Rasdaman continuing as an OSGeo Project
> in incubation.
>
> I suggest that the Rasdaman Community, pause and consider how to move forward
> as an open source project.

I hope pausing does not mean we should stop doing good things while we are
trying to improve :)

For sure we still have a learning curve wrt organization - hard for us
open-source projects to do all to perfection.
While I will keep a final say when it comes to disputes, logistics certainly
includes setting up a board, committers, and procedures to grab them.

Currently we are preparing for the review of a 11-partner project we are
leading, so don't expect too much in the next 2 months. Stay tuned...

cheers,
Peter

    mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
    tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
    www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com