[Incubator] dual license model clarification

Peter Baumann p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Mon Aug 12 01:04:59 PDT 2013

Hi community,

as I sensed some sentiments about our dual license model in the recent past I
have tried to clarify this by way of the following text at [1]:

/*Contributions*//to the rasdaman community code come from a worldwide team of
collaborators. Notably, a significant extent of the fixes and new functionality
is coming from rasdaman GmbH (such as WMS recently). //*All community
contributions submitted are made available in rasdaman community immediately
after checking them for correctness and coherence (eg, with the code guide); no
contribution whatsoever goes into rasdaman enterprise first*//. The only action
the company undertakes is to keep both rasdaman variants in sync by merging the
rasdaman community tree into rasdaman enterprise, which typically occurs upon
release of versions so as to keep both in sync. Aside from that, rasdaman
enterprise is developed exclusively by the company and does not contain any
community code that rasdaman community does not contain. So rest assured that
your valuable contributions are to the benefit of the worldwide user community. /

Is this understandable? Anything missing?

All comments are most welcome.

cheers,
Peter

[1] http://www.rasdaman.org/wiki/Features

--
Dr. Peter Baumann
    mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
    tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
    www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com
"Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis ventis dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli destinata, nec preripiat quisquam non sibi parata." (mail disclaimer, AD 1083)