[Incubator] [rasdaman-dev] dual license model clarification

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 01:18:47 PDT 2013

I was able to follow the Features page reasonably well, but since the text
is describing "company" policy, and I suppose a company product, perhaps it
belongs on the company website?

I note that balancing a "community edition" vs a "commercial bundle" is
fairly difficult. The past couple weeks has seen functionality from OpenGeo
Suite <http://opengeo.org/products/suite/buy/> and
GeoSolutions<http://geoserver.geo-solutions.it>donated to the
community to prevent duplication of effort.

If you still get the question a lot, you can always put it in a FAQ and
point to the appropriate company page illustrating the difference.

The other thing to consider is when the community creates functionality
that is not needed in a commercial bundle. Perhaps it does not meet QA,
documentation, or operational standards? Or simply does not solve a problem
of interest to your customers.