[Incubator] Changes on gvSIG incubation

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at gvsig.com
Wed Feb 6 04:19:36 PST 2013

Hi all,

There's been a while since my last report about gvSIG incubation. We are
approaching the final release of gvSIG 2 (now on RC4) so we are
confident the code review will be started soon.

Unfortunately this year I won't be able to participate too much on the
gvSIG project so besides resigning from my position at the gvSIG TSC
Board I have also to step down as the project OSGeo contact. Manuel
Madrid will take that role from now on. He is part of the gvSIG TSC
Board and full representative of the project.

On the other hand, Jeroen Ticheler is also stepping down from his role
of gvSIG project incubation mentor so we need to find a new mentor to
finish gvSIG incubation process. Any help is more than appreciated.

As a personal point of view, yes gvSIG has been for a long time on the
incubation process, but it's also true (but maybe not so well known) the
project has evolved a lot incorporating on its everyday functioning
almost all of the good practices checked by the incubation process as it
opened its development (SCM, tickets, technical governance) to the
community. So, even I'm sad because I have to leave this process without
having finished my job, I'm happy because in my opinion gvSIG is a
better free software project than when it started.

Thanks Jeroen for your time and patience and Manuel for taking the
responsibility.

--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
gvSIG Team at Prodevelop