[Incubator] Code contribution examples?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 00:53:53 PST 2013

On 13/02/13 09:05, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Thanks Cameron, that is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.
> Did your project make that all up itself, or did you have a starting
> point?

I remember basing the criteria upon prior OSGeo projects, likely the
mapbuilder project and probably one or two others.

> A couple of questions:
> - How do you handle a contributor is acting as an employee? (In this
> case the organisation is the author not the individual)
Good question, I don't think we have that covered.

> - This example only covers license, so the original author is keeping
> their copyright? (So to change license you need to run around to all
> the authors again…)

Yes, we need to ask all contributors if we are to change license.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally