[Incubator] Vote: GeoMoose Graduation - community

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Fri Mar 22 12:47:10 PDT 2013

Cameron,
[bob.b said . . .]
Ok, I admit I went completely another direction with my original answer.

To answer your clarification on the question below, yes, the cross pollination exists for many of the PSC and list members.  The City originally issued the software as a Open Source product and it has since gotten it's own legs under itself.  The City of Saint Paul is actually the odd duck in the equation, since it started the process.  The relationship currently is in the project guidance areas (my time right this minute) as well as suggestion of new capabilities.  SharedGeo goes out of it's way to describes itself as a Commercial support organization for GeoMoose (among other OSGeo products) with members on the PSC, the same goes for Houston Engineering, which has been a long time implementer of the GeoMoose software for it's clients, which are currently spread out across the US.  Other PSC members are involved from the Oregon Washington US states area of the US as a consortium of Counties that use the Software.  These PCS members bring Contracted work into the process as well as subsidizing other ideas offered up on the Email Lists from other PSCs/Developers and general members of the list.  There is also a PSC member based in Canada that is a long time user of the software and has contributed back to the Core code base, as well as acted as a contractor for specific development ideas from his local client list.

Does this answer your question better?

Bobb