[Incubator] 2003 Q3 Report / AGM Status update

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Sep 13 06:13:17 PDT 2013

Hi Jody, all,

I am currently the mentor for the MetaCRS project, which is a kind of a
special case because it is an aggregate of multiple CRS-related
projects, given that each of them is not big enough on its own, but that
the services they provide are critical to all OSGeo software, and we
thought that cross-collaboration between those projects can be a great
OSGeo asset and a way to raise their respective bus numbers.

I still believe that MetaCRS should try to get through incubation, but I
can't find the time to work with them in a proactive way towards that
(and they have not made that a priority either).

All this to say that if another experienced mentor is interested, then
it may be a good idea that I leave this project to a new mentor to work
with the MetaCRS projects to figure how to handle their special
situation and get them through incubation.

The lead of the MetaCRS project is Frank Warmerdam BTW.

Any volunteer?

Daniel

On 13-09-08 10:01 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> I will pull together a presentation for the general meeting based on
> this page, it seems likely the new board will have a meeting during the
> week of foss4g as well.
> So far we have a few projects MIA, such as CITE.  Is there update from
> the gvSIG community?
>
> As for the presentation, my idea was:
>
> INCUBATION:  consider open source projects like ships, incubation
> navigates three problems
> 1) steering the boat
> 2) open source license (the top of the iceberg)
> 3) codebase review (most of the iceberg)
>
> SUCCESS
> - the projects that have graduated since last foss4g
>
> INCUBATION
> - projects currently in incubation
>
> HELP
> - how to volunteer with incubation committee
> - encouragement for osgeo local chapters

> On Wednesday, 28 August 2013 at 4:37 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
>
>> Set up a wiki page for reporting this quarter:
>> - http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/IncCom_Report23
>>
>> If I can respectfully ask mentors to fill in details, I will use this
>> for the heart of our FOSS4G annual general meeting "incubation status"
>> update.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/