[Incubator] istSOS mentor volunteer (was: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Board meeting 2014-04-10: Minutes)

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at metaspatial.net
Wed Apr 23 11:20:07 PDT 2014

Jody,
I volunteer to mentor istSOS.

Massimiliano,
I 'believe' (not sure though) that we still need a confirmation by the
board whether we are accepted into Incubation. Jody will know.

The processes of the Incubation Committee have somewhat evolved over the
past years. We will have to double check that we use the right stable
and approved versions of the documents.

We also need a page in the OSGeo Wiki. In the early days each project
had to have two pages, something like this:
* Marble Graduation Checklist
* Marble Incubation Status

Then there was an additional check list and the trac ticket, lets see
what will stick.

Maybe check this page out to get the idea of the provenance review
(GRASS had prehistoric code, not expecting this with istSOS... :-):
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Provenance_Review

Just paste the content from the ticket and then start to work on the
code provenance review and explain the open issues. If you already did
then please just paste it there.

Do you have any kind of agreement from all contributors?

Does SUPSI claim any ownership or copyright and if so, do they support
the Free Software license? Who if not SUPSI is the copyright holder?

wrt question 8: Do you have any plans to grow the code and software into
something that can be used in a productive environment? Would you
welcome when commercial service providers use istSOS as part of their
architectures? If there is already any kind of relation you know of this
would be valuable to know. The project itself still seems to be pretty
small and OSGeo Incubation is more about well known and broadly used
software. So the more proof of professional use we have the better.

Any other questions please let me know.

Cheers,
Arnulf