[Incubator] istSOS: what's next?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 04:15:50 PST 2014

As Landon was kind enough to mention we are a bit short on volunteers for
the incubation committee to help mentor projects.

If you have any industry contacts that would be willing to help out it can
help start things off.

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Massimiliano Cannata <
massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch> wrote:

> Thanks Landon for your reply.
>
> I well understood that there's a lot of work for the incubation committee.
> In this case, I will just be in stand-by mode waiting for a sign...
>
> Maxi
>

> On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 10:49 PM, Landon Blake <
> sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Maxi:
>>
>> I'm sorry no one from the incubation committee has responded yet.
>> (Hopefully someone got back to you offlist.)
>>
>> It seems we always have more projects that want to join incubation than
>> we do available mentors. So now that you've submitted your application you
>> need to wait for a mentor to become available. Of course, if you find
>> someone from OSGeo that is willing to mentor your project, I'd have them
>> ping the incubation mailing list.
>>
>> We know incubation is important and are pleased that you've applied.
>> Please be patient as we work through our backlog.
>>
>> Landon
>>

>>  On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Massimiliano Cannata <
>> massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch> wrote:
>>
>>>  Dear incubator committee,
>>> i have submitted, in the name of istSOS, the request for entering
>>> incubation process.
>>>
>>> After that, I answered some question from Jody Garnett but I don't have
>>> a clear idea how the process goes on...
>>> 1) Do i have to find a mentor? If yes, which are the requisites?
>>> 2) What are the next steps and when they are planned?